Thursday, January 12, 2012

ARGH!

For those of you that are having problems with creating your blog because of unrecognized verification codes, error messages and other tools of Satan, TAKE HEART.  It’s not you, it’s the network.  Below is a message from Terri McLaughlin – the district helped identify the issue yesterday and at least we know we’re not doing something wrong.  My advice is to try it at home or walk to Starbuck’s with Terri (read below and you will understand the Starbuck’s thing…)

Here’s what I learned today from troubleshooting the Tuesday after school blog hiccups.  It is definitely some sort of network issue for some computers at MHS. It actually happened today in a class where students were setting up blogs! The district folks are trying to get to the bottom of this but in the meantime I have some band aid solutions to offer for those who still need to get a blog created. You can either try to set it up at home, (it will work because you are not on the MHS network) or see me on Friday.  I happen to know that we can get you set up in minutes by simply walking over to Starbucks and accessing their internet. I tested this today with two of our Tool Timers and had great success!  I’m off campus in meetings all day on Thursday but would be happy to conduct Starbucks field trips on Friday.

So, would someone pick up a skinny latte for me?  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment